The Site has, will, or may contain threaded discussions, chat rooms, listservs and other communication forums. Users who are subject to the sunshine laws based on any appointed or elected positions should abide by the restrictions and obligations of such laws; if the user is uncertain of the applicability of such restrictions, the user should refrain from participating in the discussions on this Site. By participating in any of these forums, users agree to send and receive messages that are both proper and related to the forum topic. The following actions are unacceptable practices:
- Defaming, harassing, threatening, or otherwise violating the legal rights of others, including their privacy (see below);
- Misrepresenting one's person, background, or character;
- Posting any defamatory, infringing, profane, obscene, false, frontal nudity or unlawful material;
- Selling, advertising, or exchanging any goods or services unless expressly allowed and authorized by prior written approval of the Broward County's Public Communications Office;
- Posting any copyrighted, patented or other protected material owned by a third party.
Users agree to use the Site's forums at their own risk. While championing proper use of such forums, Broward County cannot and does not guarantee that violations of the above code for use of the forums will not occur. Broward County is not responsible for such violations.
Last modified: July 9, 2013.