Confidentiality – Public Records Exemptions
Chapter 119 of the Florida Statutes governs public records law. Not all records are required to be “in the sunshine.” The Florida Legislature has created many exemptions to public records law. If you qualify under these exemptions, you can request that certain information be redacted from the public records available on this website.
Exemptions apply to certain personal information about *:
- Current or former law enforcement officers and their families
- Current or former judges and their families
- Current or former prosecutors and their families
- Current or former firefighters and their families
- Current or former human resources managers and their families
- Current or former code enforcement officers and their families
* Note: This is not a comprehensive list. For more information: Click Here
If you qualify for one of the public records exemptions and wish to have your information exempted from public review, contact the Search Supervisor of the Records, Taxes and Treasury Division to discuss your needs. Contact by phone: 954-357-8240 or by email: email@example.com, or Jared Myers, 954-357-7277, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.