In the unincorporated areas of Broward County and cities we contract with, we provide the following services:
- We require property owners or contractors they hire to get a permit for any new construction or certain alterations to an existing residential or commercial building. This ensures conformance with the Florida Building Code and all applicable building codes, laws, rules and resolutions in effect in Broward County.
- We perform inspections to verify work is done according to these laws which protect the health, safety and welfare of the public while helping the business or home owner avoid enforcement penalties for non-compliant work.
- We administer and enforce minimum housing/unsafe structure regulations and other county ordinances relating to permitting that affect land, property structures and the environment.
- We interpret, regulate and enforce the Broward County Zoning Code for permit requirements affecting the use of land, structures and the environment.
- Certified by the Florida Association of Code Enforcement, our team is experienced in providing several types of zoning services for residential and commercial uses, such as:
- Permitted Uses
- Parking Requirements
- Landscape Requirements
- Outdoor Lighting
- Special Uses
- Certificates of Use
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design standards (CPTED)
- We review site plans for commerical buildings and residences to certify they conform to all zoning requirements.
- We inspect all commercial residential projects including permitted special events and wayside stands. We also enforce Central County Neighborhood Enhancement Plans.