Paradise Cove is now open for the season!
See detailed schedule below.
The new waterslide complex, Paradise Pipeline, is slated for a midsummer opening.
Paradise Cove is the Broward County Parks and Recreation Division's largest aquatics facility. The 4.69-acre complex opened under its current name in 2004 after significant expansion, with only two renovated waterslides and a totally revamped tube ride remaining from the original facility; those two slides have been demolished and will be replaced by four waterslides (see photos of the project in progress below). Sharky's Lagoon is a water playground for all ages, featuring an 18-inch-deep pool that includes many interactive play elements, as well as three waterslides that are 83 feet, 98 feet, and 125 feet long. Parrot's Point is a water playground for ages 5 and under, featuring a 12-inch-deep pool with two small waterslides and many other interactive play elements. Crazy Creek is a 410-foot-long meandering tube ride with interactive play elements along its route. A feature previously known as H2Whoa! had two 450-foot-long waterslides that are currently being replaced by four new waterslides, to be called Paradise Pipeline. Follow this link for a vicarious waterslide experience.
The hill featuring the Paradise Cove waterslides before (above) and during (below) the demolition and reconstruction that will eventually give the park four new waterslides,
with the new section of the water park being called Paradise Pipeline.
At bottom, artist's renderings of the new waterslides.
Admission Fees: $9.50/person for all-day admission and $6.50/person after 3 p.m. Children under 1 year of age are admitted free. A season pass (Find It All card) is available for $76 per person. The park's regular gate entrance fee of $1.50/person (children 5 and under free) is also in effect on weekends and holidays. Applicable Florida sales tax will be added to all fees except the gate fee.
Operating Hours: 9:30 a.m. to 5:20 p.m.
2013 Paradise Cove Aquatics Calendar
(Click calendar for PDF version)
Funbrellas: 20-foot-diameter umbrellas are available for rent, each with picnic tables and trash cans. Capacity 30. Funbrellas rent for $35/day on weekdays, $75/day on weekends and holidays. Advance reservations are recommended. Contact the park office at 954-357-5170 for further information. Applicable Florida sales tax will be added to all rental fees.
Concessions: Coolers are now permitted in the aquatics area. As always, no glass containers and no alcoholic beverages are permitted. For more information, contact the park office at 954-357-5170.
Prepaid Gate Admission Passes: Available for purchase at the park office at least 14 days in advance of your event, to ensure ample time for distribution of passes to your guests prior to your visit. Prepaid passes cannot be distributed on the day of the event at the entrance gate.
Camps or Groups: One counselor is required for every 10 children and will be admitted at no charge. All groups must be registered in advance of their visit to guarantee admission. Contact the park office at 954-357-5170 or email CBSmithPark@broward.org.
Rules and Regulations:
- Children ages 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years of age at all times. All children 5 years and younger must be within arm's reach of an adult at all times while in the water park.
- Proper swimming attire is required - no jean shorts, no cutoffs, and no plastic or metal accessories on clothing allowed.
- Diaper-changing is permitted in restrooms only; waterproof diapers are required.
- Patrons with wounds, open sores, and skin infections will be excluded from water activities.
- Instructions from park staff and lifeguards must be followed.
- U.S. Coast Guard-approved life vests are allowed and are available free upon request.
- Patrons must shower before entering any water areas.
- Participation in water activities is at patron's own risk.
- Climbing or swinging on pipes, handrails, or ropes
- Sliding headfirst on slides - feetfirst only
- Running or "dangerous behavior"
- Floats or water toys and equipment
- Food or drink in water areas
- Alcoholic beverages
- Glass containers
- Animals or pets
- Chewing gum
- Masks, fins, or snorkels
- Throwing objects
Management reserves the right to refuse service or expel any patron with just cause.
Required plug-ins: Adobe® Reader® | Microsoft Office Reader®