Under limited supervision, performs a variety of activities associated with document recording or Value Adjustment Board (VAB) petition filing and scheduling, with possible lead worker responsibility.
This classification is distinguished from a Document Recorder by the ability to work independently with limited supervision and by the greater experience requirements.
- Updates/maintains CountyRecords database(s) in order to facilitate information recording, filing, storage, and retrieval and/or verify accuracy of information.
- Interacts with public and/or County staff in order to assist them in using Department services, equipment, programs, and/or facilities, collect fees, answer questions, identify their service needs or locate missing materials.
- Reviews work of less experienced staff in order to facilitate efficient, effective operation of the unit by monitoring work activities and evaluating completed activities for conformance with established performance criteria.
- Resolves day-to-day operating problems/issues from less experienced staff in order to maximize the efficiency/effectiveness of office operation by determining the appropriate means of correcting the problem/issue and assigning/scheduling appropriate staff to correct the error.
- Develops/revises procedures for office/unit procedures manual.
- Trains staff in the use of a variety of office equipment and performance of work.
- Balances cash drawer in order to ensure money (bills, coins and checks) in drawer matches funds processed.
- Prepares documents for recording in order to ensure that documents and related materials are correctly and accurately recorded.
- Scans documents into database(s) in order to maintain computerized archive of recorded documents or filed petitions and facilitate data retrieval.
- Reviews scanned documents for quality control in order to ensure that scanned information is clearly readable, complete, and in proper sequence.
- Performs minor maintenance/repairs on a variety of office equipment, including scanners, microfilm readers, copiers, computers, and related equipment.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE : (Applicants are expected to possess the required Knowledge, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below prior to being hired for positions in this job class.)
· Knowledge of the general operating policies and procedures of the assigned Department.
· Knowledge of procedures for operating various office equipment, including personal computers.
· Knowledge of procedures for recording court records or all types of VAB petitions.
· Knowledge of procedures for recording specialty documents, including plat maps, deferred billing, foreign judgments, and cash-to bonds/lien-to-bonds or scheduling VAB hearings and VAB agenda preparation.
· Knowledge of codes and abbreviations to be used in the CountyRecords database(s).
· Knowledge of established customer service policies, procedures, and techniques.
· Knowledge of Department policies and procedures for handling cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. without assistance.
· Ability to perform routine/minor maintenance/repairs on a variety of office and computer related equipment.
· Ability to operate a calculator to tabulate check totals, credit card transactions, etc.
· Ability to evaluate data/information and make decisions in accordance with established policies, procedures, and guidelines.
· Ability to operate a personal computer to prepare a variety of correspondence, notices, schedules, and related materials using a variety of software/applications.
· Ability to enter data into computerized database.
· Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication and/or division.
· Ability to understand, follow, and explain a variety of Department policies and procedures.
· Ability to read names, account numbers, amounts and related information on checks and/or other documents.
· Ability to sort materials numerically.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Ability to explain/demonstrate procedures for performing a variety of work activities.
· Ability to read and understand data/information from a variety of computer printouts or related documents.
· Ability to keyboard.
· Ability to identify errors in account numbers, dates, amounts or related information.
· Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of BrowardCounty’s Ethics and Conflict of Interest policies.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, familial status, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender identity and expression.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – NOT REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE BUT EXPECTED TO BE DEVELOPED ON THE JOB: (The following Knowledge, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below, although considered to be necessary in order to perform the work of this job title, are not required at time of hire.)
· Knowledge of types and locations of various materials and services within the assigned Department or facility.
· Ability to multi-task.
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE :
Successful completion of job related tests. Four (4) years of document recording, petition filing, or closely related work desired.
Bargaining Unit: White Collar
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Class Spec. Estab/Revised: E6/04 R3/08