Applications are now being accepted.
(Dates and information subject to change)
• Only Applicants with 4 or more household members can apply for the 4 bedroom 2 bathroom models.
• Only Applicants that can provide documented proof of a wheelchair bound disability will be allowed to apply for the Accessibility model.
• Application form (completed)
• Lot/Home selection order form (completed)
• First-time Homebuyer Education Certificate
• Pre-approval letter from a lender or Pre-qualification letter from a lender (this letter must document that the lender has reviewed credit and income)
To determine the allocation of units, a lottery from the pool of completed applications will be conducted at the Broward County Housing Finance and Community Development Division, 110 NE 3rd Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Program Eligibility Requirements:
• First time homebuyer (has not owned a home as a primary residence in 3 years)
• Income eligible or 80% or below the AMI (e.g. $54,500 for a family of four)
• Minimum of 3.5% Down Payment
• Able to secure first mortgage in an amount sufficient to purchase, with no more than $60,000 assistance in the form of Seller Credit
• Enter into a Purchase and Sale (P&S) Agreement
• Broward County will provide a list of the County’s participating lenders; however, the applicant may use any lender of their choice as long as they abide by the Broward County program underwriting guidelines.