SUMMARY : Under general supervision, orders, inventories, and distributes a variety of supplies, materials, and/or equipment from an assigned warehouse/stores facility.
· Receives a variety of materials, supplies, parts, equipment, etc. in order to maintain an adequate inventory of items stocked/requested.
· Issues a variety of supplies, materials, parts, equipment, etc. in order to provide needed items to other staff.
· Monitors inventory levels for a variety of supplies, materials, parts, etc. in order to ensure an adequate supply of needed stock items, ensure accurate records, and weed out obsolete/out-of-date items.
· Picks up/delivers a variety of materials, supplies, parts, mail, paychecks, etc. in order to distribute items to appropriate staff/locations and/or obtain needed items for stock and/or other staff.
· Processes orders/re- orders for a variety of services, materials, supplies, parts, equipment, etc. in order to obtain needed stock items special order items, and/or services.
· Resolves a variety of issues/problems with vendors and/or customers in order to replace defective/damaged items, expedite shipment obtain missing/back ordered items, and/or reconcile invoices with items/services received.
· Monitors/tracks a variety of tools/equipment in order to maintain availability and/or serviceability of tools/equipment, identify staff using the tools/equipment, and/or document the location of tools/equipment.
· Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE : (Applicants are expected to possess the required Knowledges, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below prior to being hired for positions in this job title.)
· Knowledge of basic mathematical functions, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
· Knowledge of safety procedures associated with general warehouse operations.
· Knowledge of safety procedures for operating a variety of equipment used in a warehouse operation.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Ability to read, understand, and follow instructions/guidelines associated with general warehouse/inventory control work.
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
· Ability to work with limited supervision.
· Ability to compare invoice to package contents to identify discrepancies.
· Ability to identify errors in account numbers, dates, amounts or related information.
· Ability to learn to perform a variety of work activities associated with general warehouse/inventory control work.
· Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of Broward County ’s Ethics and Conflict of Interest policies.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or political affiliation.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – NOT REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE BUT EXPECTED TO BE DEVELOPED ON THE JOB: (The following Knowledges, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below, although considered to be necessary in order to perform the work of this job title, are not required at time of hire.)
· Knowledge of general inventory control procedures.
· Ability to complete a variety of forms, log sheets, and reports.
· Ability to explain work policies/procedures to other workers.
DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE :
Successful completion of job related tests. One (1) year full time stores, warehousing, or closely related work desired.
Bargaining Unit: Blue Collar
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Code of Ethics Certification: No
Class Spec. Estab ./Revised: E 10/1976 R 05/2012