The County-funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) is an important component of the Consumer Driven Healthplan design as it can be used to offset copays, deductible and co-insurance incurred under the health plan and pharmacy plan. (Special rules apply if enrolled in a Flexible Spending Account, see Your Benefits & You book for details.)
Some of the key features of the Health Reimbursement Account:
- The County funds an annual HRA amount based on a tier of coverage enrolled, i.e. Employee Only, Employee + Child (Children), Employee + Spouse, Employee + Family (Expenses for Domestic Partners, Domestic Partner children and Overage dependents are not eligible for reimbursement per the IRS).
- The annual HRA amount is prorated for new hires and newly benefit eligible employees based on month effective in plan.
Annual HRA Allocation
| Tier of Health Coverage
||Annual Amount |
| Employee Only
| Employee + Spouse
| Employee + Children
| Employee + Family
- HRA comes with one WageWorks Health Care card issued in the employee’s name.
- Additional cards may be requested by calling WageWorks or via online; however, additional cards will be issued in the name of the dependent(s).
- Balances become vested based on type of separation of employment (Retirement separation — vesting is 20 percent per year beginning the second year of continuous participation — any other type of separation requires six consecutive years of CDH participation).
- Vested balances rollover into a tax advantaged Health Retirement Savings Account with ICMA and can be drawn on tax-free beginning at age 55 for any IRS approved medical or premium expense.
- Per IRS rules, Domestic Partners, children of Domestic Partners and Over Age Dependents (age 26-30) are not eligible to participate in the HRA. The HRA will be adjusted to the next lowest tier of coverage. See Your Benefits & You book for more details.
HOW CAN I BE REIMBURSED?
- Paper claims can also be submitted for reimbursement instead of using the Visa card.
- With the EZ Receipts mobile app from WageWorks, you can file and manage your reimbursement claims paperwork on the spot, with a click of your smartphone or mobile device camera, from anywhere. Download the app from WageWorks.
- You can pay many of your eligible health care and dependent care expenses directly from your HRA ot FSA account with no need to fill out paper forms.
- Unused balances rollover into the next year and can be used for current year or prior year expenses.
HOW TO USE YOUR HRA
If your health provider accepts Visa, you can conveniently pay your copay or deductible/co-insurance with your WageWorks Health Care card instead of using money out of your pocket. Simply swipe the card as “credit,” not debit. Any “pre-set” copay, such as a Primary Care Physician copay or a specialist copay on the CDH High plan, do not require you to submit any additional back up documentation. However, if the amount you are asked to pay is not one of the plan’s “preset” copays, such as a deductible or co-insurance, you will be able to use your WageWorks Health Care card, but you will also be required to follow up and send documentation to WageWorks such as an itemized bill/receipt or your Explanation of Benefits (EOB) per IRS rules.
EXPENSES NOT ELIGIBLE UNDER THE HRA:
- Prescriptions purchased at your doctor’s office instead of the pharmacy
- Convenience fees for blood draws at your physician’s office
- Charges for a physician to complete paperwork or copy files
- Dental expenses
- Vision expenses
For more information on your HRA or FSA account, please visit WageWorks.
LOST, STOLEN, OR MISPLACED WAGEWORKS HEALTH CARE CARDS
If you have lost or misplaced your WageWorks Health Care card(s); please call WageWorks at 1-855-428-0446. You must report your missing card immediately and order a new one.
Required Plug-ins: Adobe® Reader®