BUS OPERATORS’ ONLINE DISTRACTED DRIVING COURSE INSTRUCTIONS
To enable the Internet Explorer browser from your computer, please follow the steps below.
A. FROM THE COMPUTERS LOCATED IN BCT’S DRIVERS’ LOUNGES
1. From the computer Desktop (main screen), double-click on the icon labeled, “DISTRACTED DRIVING COURSE BCTD.” This will automatically launch the online training course.
2. At the bottom of the course home page, type your First Name, Last Name, and “Broward County Transit.” Example: John Doe, Broward County Transit. Then, click “SUBMIT.
B. FROM OUTSIDE THE COUNTY NETWORK:
1. Open your computer’s Internet Explorer browser. Type https://www.broward.org/bct in the address bar, and then click “ENTER.”
2. From the BCT home page, scroll down to the “LINKS” section located on the right side of the screen. Click “OPERATORS DISTRACTED DRIVING COURSE.”
3. At the bottom of the course home page, type your First Name, Last Name, and “Broward County Transit.” Example: John Doe, Broward County Transit. Then, click “SUBMIT.”
*Need help logging in?
If you are having difficulty logging in, contact the ETS Service Desk: 954-357-8600, Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 5:30 pm. After hours, limited support will be available at this phone number.
STARTING THE ONLINE TRAINING COURSE
- After logging in, please read ALL of the course instructions, then, click “NEXT.”
- Listen to the narrator and follow the on-screen instructions. To continue through the course, click “NEXT.”
- During this online training course, you may repeat a section by clicking the “BACK” button.
TAKING THE TEST
- The test is in multiple choice format. Use the mouse to point and click the circle located next to your answer choice.
- To change your answer, click “CLEAR” at the bottom of the page, then select another answer. (You must select an answer in order to proceed to the next question.)
- Once you are satisfied with your answer choice, click “NEXT.”
REVIEW YOUR TEST RESULTS AND YOUR CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
- Once you have completed the test and successfully scored 70% or above, you will receive a “CERTIFICATE OF COURSE COMPLETION” message.
- Verify that your name and agency are correct.
NOTE: Scores under 70% are considered unsuccessful. In the event you should score below 70%, please click on “RETAKE THE COURSE” and start over.
SUBMITTING YOUR CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION*
*NOTE: Your certificate IS NOT saved or stored! If you close out of the training course before printing your certificate, you will need to retake the entire course and test again.
FROM INSIDE THE COUNTY NETWORK:
- After you have successfully scored 70% or above on the test, you will need to print your certificate. Click the “PRINT” button, which will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- The print window will automatically appear. The printers have been defaulted to print in the Supervisor’s/Dispatch Office. Do not change any options in this window. Click “PRINT.”
- PICK UP YOUR PRINTED CERTIFICATE FROM THE SUPERVISOR’S/DISPATCH OFFICE AND COMPLETE A TRIP SHEET FOLLOWING THE STEPS BELOW.
FROM OUTSIDE THE COUNTY NETWORK:
Print a copy of your certificate and submit it to your superintendent, along with a trip sheet completed as follows.
SUBMITTING YOUR TRIP SHEET
- In order to receive proper pay for completing this online course, you must fill in the following information on your trip sheet:
a. Payroll/Employee Number
d. O.T. (Overtime) 1 hour
e. Reason for O.T. “Distracted Driving Training”
- Once properly completed, please submit your trip sheet and printed certificate to your superintendent.
If you have questions regarding this online training course, please contact your respective transit superintendent, or Transit Safety and Security Manager Craig J. Collins at 954-809-1089 (cell), or Office Support Clerk Antwoyne Brown at 954-357-8385.
Best wishes for successful completion of this online course!
CLICK HERE TO TAKE COURSE