Broward County Transit wants to provide a safe, comfortable ride for all passengers.
In order to do this, we ask all passengers to please follow these rules and tips:
- All riders MUST pay the correct fare. The bus driver cannot give change.
- You may not use someone else’s bus pass.
- If asked, you MUST show proper identification.
- NO cell phone use while getting on the bus and speak quietly when using phone.
- Rude behavior is not allowed.
- No eating, drinking, smoking, or spitting.
- No gambling or doing anything illegal.
- Do NOT damage the bus, bus shelters, bus stops or any transit property.
- Pets (except service animals) must be in cages.
- Give the seats behind the driver to senior or disabled passengers.
- DO NOT play radios, tape players or CDs unless you wear headphones.
- When waiting for the bus, never stand in the street. Always stand at the bus stop on the sidewalk or in the bus shelter.
- Do not talk to the bus operator while the bus is moving.
- Stand behind the yellow line at the front of the bus.
- Before getting on bus take children out of strollers, fold down stroller and place it between the seats.
- Shoes and shirt must be worn.
- Do not bring large bags or boxes on the bus.
- Keep feet and carry-on items out of the aisle.
- Exit the bus from the back door.
- If seats are available, do not stand when the bus is moving.
- Tell bus operator BEFORE you remove your bike from rack.
- NEVER run after the bus.
- Let bus depart before crossing street.
Click here to download BCT's Safety Ride Guide (PDF)
In the event of a hurricane, BCT buses are called upon to assist in the evacuation of residents who are unable to make other arrangements for transportation to designated shelters. Transportation for residents with Special Needs will be coordinated through Broward County Human Services Department and BCT’s Paratransit (TOPS).